For a linear static analysis (prespooles.c) the structure is as
- determine the loads at the end of the step in routine tempload.f
- fill the matrix (routine mafillsm)
- solve the system of equations (routines spooles or preiter)
- determine the required results for all degrees of freedom, starting from
the displacement solution for the active degrees of freedom. This is done in
subroutine results.f, including any storage in the .dat file.
- store the results in the .frd file. For structures not
exhibiting cyclic symmetry this is performed in routine out.f, for cyclic
symmetric structures routine frdcyc.c is called before calling out. If an
error occurred during the matrix fill the output is reduced to the pure
The different routines in the above listing will be discussed separately,
since they are common to most types of analysis.